Here's what's going on and what they're saying about us...
- Franklin named among 35 of the world's best places to travel in 2017, Matador Network, January 2017
- Franklin, TN offers some of the greatest restaurant experiences that our nation has to offer - - article Where to Eat: Top 5 Restaurants Near Franklin, Jackson Observer, Nov 2016
- The Trivago Awards recognize Top U.S. Properties by Guest Ranking: Drury Plaza Nashville Franklin Hotel ranked #2 for Best 3-Star Hotel.
- Franklin named among America's Best Towns for Halloween by Travel & Leisure, October 2016
- Franklin named among the Top 10 Cities for People With a Sweet Tooth by TravelChannel.com, September 2016
- Leiper's Fork named among the five Small Towns We Love by Southern Living, September 2016
- Franklin named the Best Place to Raise a Family by WalletHacks.com, September 2016.
- Arrington Vineyards awarded "Tennessee Winery of the Year" title at the New York International Wine Competition (NYIWC), July 2016
- Business Insider names Franklin the Best Suburb in Tennessee, July 2016.
- Franklin ranked the No. 2 Best City for Retirement by Bankrate.com, June 2016
- Apartment Advisor.com listed Franklin as one of the 23 Best Cities For Young Families by, June 2016
- Franklin named among 10 Best Main Streets in the USA by USAToday.com, June 2016
- Franklin ranked No. 1 in the 10 Cutest Small Towns in the South by Oyster.com, June 2016
- Brentwood named one of the 10 Richest Small Cities in America by Movoto.com, May 2016
- Leiper's Fork named a Top 10 Best Small Town Weekend Escape by USAToday.com, April 2016
- Franklin named one of The Coolest Suburbs In America's 35 Biggest Metro Areas by Thrillist.com, April 2016.
- Arar.com names Franklin as one of the best music cities, April 2016.
- Franklin named Nicest Place in the South March 2016 by PorterBriggs.com.
- CasualTravelers.com names Franklin, TN as one of the Most Romantic Places in the USA. Jan 2016
- Both USAToday.com and Examiner.com feature the video Music, Dining and Nightlife in Franklin, TN, Jan 2016
- Being so close to Nashville, Franklin has a strong tradition of giving singer/songwriters in multiple Americana music genres a stage platform to get started on... -- article Franklin, TN: The Music, Culture and Food, CatchCarrie.com, Jan 2016
- Just 30 minutes south of Nashville, Franklin has made a name for itself as a meeting destination in its own right by combining historical venues with modern conveniences. -- article Charming Towns of Tennessee, Small Marketing Meetings, Dec 2015
- Tis the Season: Small Towns Go All Out For Christmas
! USA Today
, Dec 2015
- Bakery Capitals for Every State
...#3 is Franklin, TN with a nod to Merridee's Breadbasket! -- MSN.com, Nov 2015
- 49 Cities Starbucks Lovers Should Flock to in Every State
: #20 Franklin, TN. -- MSN.com
, Nov 2015
- It (Franklin) frequently turns up on “best places” lists and it’s grown, but in a way that builds on its small-town charm. -- article Travel Franklin, TN, Coastal Living, Nov 2015
- Franklin ranks in the top twenty of America's Best Towns for Halloween
, Oct 2015
- Spanning more than 30 communities along the Gold Record Road
, the Americana Music Triangle is a milestone collaboration of cultural attractions across the South. -- article Americana Music Triangle Launched, Byways Magazine
, Nov 2015
- ...the Pilgrimage Festival premiered. A cool summit of Americana and country-rock scene with Steven Tyler, Weezer, Wilco, Willie Nelson and Sheryl Crow - and at the same time an idyllic family event. -- article So Goes the Festival
, Huffington Post
(Germany), Oct 2015
- the Pilgrimage Music & Cultural Festival celebrated in Franklin, Tennessee, made its debut. Also present: The crème de la crème of Country and Americana, including acts such as Willie Nelson, Wilco, Chris Stapleton, Sheryl Crow, the Punch Brothers and Country newcomer Steven Tyler. -- article Pilgrimage Festival: New place of pilgrimage for music fans
, Country Music News
(Germany), Sep 2015
- With an A-list lineup (arguably the best curated of the year) and all the charm of a county fair, the inaugural Pilgrimage Music Festival...established itself as a festival to watch. -- article 10 Best Things We Saw at Pilgrimage Music Festival by RollingStone.com Sep 2015
- Williamson County tourism
ranked sixth in state with 1.22 million visitors, article Franklin Home Page
, Sep 2015
ranks Franklin #3 as one of the Best Cities to Start a Restaurant
, Aug 2015
- A bucolic getaway just a short drive from Nashville - Explore horse farms, roam rolling hills, and peek inside local shops, galleries, and charming places to stay. -- article Explore Leiper's Fork, Tennessee, Victorian Magazine, Sept 2015
- The list is out for the 10 Most Beautiful, Charming Small Towns in Tennessee
with Franklin at #8 and Leiper's Fork at #5! OnlyInYourState.com
, Aug 2015
- Brentwood grabs the #1 spot on the list of Best Small Cities for Working Parents
. Franklin makes the list at #4! July 2015
named Franklin and Brentwood to the list of Best Places to Start a Business in Tennessee
, July 2015
- Puckett's Gro. & Restaurant in downtown Franklin, Tenn., has been named one of the best barbecue restaurants in the country, according to the new book The 100 Best Barbecue Restaurants in America. A handful of other Nashville-area restaurants made the Top 100, but Puckett's was the only one to crack the Top 25, coming in at number 17! June 2015
- Pilgrimage Festival Boosts Lineup
With Chris Stapleton, Dawes. Willie Nelson, Wilco, and Cage the Elephant also among long list of artists slated to appear during acoustic-heavy Tennessee fest. -- article Rolling Stone
, June 2015
- The latest from Bankrate.com
shows Franklin ranks #10 among America's 10 best cities for retirement
, June 2015
- Southern Dream Towns: 10 Great Escapes, article in Garden & Gun Magazine, June/July 2015
- Franklin named to "The 10 Most Beautiful Towns in Tennessee"
, May 2015
- ...in Franklin, where a kind of back porch vibe is flourishing just outside the better-established musical house that is Nashville. - article Franklin's Americana Scene Gains Traction Tennessean
, May 2015
- Check out Butterfly Meadows Inn on the list of "20 Best Weekend Getaways in Tennessee"
. - May 2015
- Lasting Goods: Local Items Define These Cities, article in Group Travel Leader, Apr 2015
- Franklin, Tennessee: A Town Reminiscent of Mayberry, article in At home Memphis & Mid-South, Apr 2015
- Leiper's Fork ranks #4 of "The Most Charming Small Towns Across America"
by Country Living
, Mar 2015
- 11 Southern Towns You're Forgetting About But Shouldn't
, article by Huffington Post
, Mar 2015
- For those who don't live there, a trip to downtown Franklin can feel like a real getaway. With its quaint, historical vibe, an easily walkable layout, and antique shops on just about every corner, there is plenty to keep visitors busy from morning till night. - article A Day in Franklin, TN Nashville Lifestyles, Mar 2015
- Williamson County may not have all the bright lights of Broadway, but areas such as Franklin and Leiper's Fork are carving out their own niche for tourists thanks to historic downtown areas, quaint antique shops and milestone events. - article Williamson County Gem Catch Tourists Attention Tennessean
, Mar 2015
- Brentwood ranks #11 on the list of "Best Small Cities for Families"
, Jan 2015
- "One Thing You MUST Do with Kids in Every U.S. State" lists Franklin's walking tours and Carnton Plantation on their Tennessee list! - KIDventurous, Jan 2015
- Harper's Bazaar
names Moonshine Hill to its Top 10 list of "Best B&Bs Across the Country"
. Jan 2015
- 'Tennessee's quaint Franklin still shows scars of Civil War'
article, Chicago Tribune
, Oct 2014
- Martin's BBQ makes the list! The Best New Food in America 2014: Food and Drink Awards
by Esquire Magazine
, Oct 2014
- Brentwood receives Google eCity award
for the State of Tennessee by Google
, Oct 2014
- Franklin ranks #42 of 100 "Best Places to Live 2014"
by Money Magazine
, Sep 2014
- "Cities on the Rise in Tennessee"
, Frankin comes in at #2 - NerdWallet
, Sep 2014
- "20 Most Affordable Counties for a Wedding"
, Williamson County ranks #9 - NerdWallet
, Sep 2014
- Franklin makes the list "Charming Small Towns of the South"
, Aug 2014
- "After exploring (the Battle of Franklin), take some time to enjoy Franklin’s small town charm, cafes and shops, and delightful downtown.” USAToday.com, Aug 2014
- Franklin ranked #5 on the Top 18 List of Destination Races
by Runner's World
, July 2014
- Arrington Vineyards awarded "Tennessee Winery of the Year"
title at the New York International Wine Competition (NYIWC
), May 2014
- “Franklin, with its boho-meets-Southern-chic vibe, seems to have a magnetic pull on celebrities who pick, strum and sing their way to fame in Nashville.” - Top 15 List of “Where to Go Now”
- Delta Sky Magazine
, April 2014
- "Head a half-hour southeast to Franklin, which has an upscale, small-town feel. The offerings in the stores that line Main Street can get repetitive...but several shops are worth browsing...Haven...Savory Spice Shop...Walton's Antique & Estate Jewelry...Scarlett Scales...Merridee's Breadbasket." - 'A Pitch-Perfect Long Weekend in Nashville'
, Wall Street Journal
, June 2014
- "The Coffee House at Second and Bridge is a great spot to hang out." - 'The Men of Nashville Take Us On a Tour of Music City'
Jonathan Jackson (plays Avery Barkley) Vogue.com
- Brentwood, TN has been named one of the 'Top 10 Best Cities for Kids' by Livability.com, a national website that ranks quality of life and travel amenities of America's small and mid-sized cities. May 2014
- Franklin named "Best Southern Town" in 2014 by Garden and Gun Magazine's online competition among 32 towns! - GardenandGun.com, Apr 2014
- "OK, so this is kinda suburban Nashville, but it's worth a trip down to check it out if you're in the neighborhood. Think quaint downtown, cute boutiques and yummy food, like 55 South." - '11 Southern Towns You're Forgetting About But Shouldn't'
- Huffington Post Travel
, Mar 2014
- "More than 6.01 million people used and visited the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2013, which is up from the 5.56 million people on the Parkway in 2012. This made the Natchez Trace Parkway the eighth most visited National Park Service site." - Natchez Trace Pkwy News Release, Mar 2014
- Travel & Leisure names Franklin #14 on the "Most Romantic Towns"
list. - travelandleisure.com