Apply by email: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
WHO WE ARE
The Williamson County Convention and Visitors Bureau, known most commonly by its brand name, Visit Franklin, is the official destination marketing organization for all the communities of Williamson County, Tennessee. That means it is our job to share everything that is incredible about our community with the world! By doing so those leisure travelers, groups, conventions, and business travelers to Williamson County enhance the economic prosperity of the entire county through increased travel-related spending. We attract millions of visitors per year, and because of that, the hospitality industry contributes over $1 billion dollars of positive economic impact to the community.
As an organization, we are dedicated to high-quality work representing our hospitality and community partners with credibility, authenticity, and integrity. On the Visit Franklin team, there are lots of personalities, individual talents, experimentation, and of course creativity that comes together in incredible ways here. We value honesty, open communication, and collaboration which creates an environment that cultivates respect, creativity, and innovation. When it comes to good ideas, titles don’t mean much to us. All are welcome to be a part of the process.
The Visit Franklin culture is unique…and that’s why our employees love it here.
The Administrative Assistant serves as assistant to the President & CEO. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to Director of Finance & Administration in matters relating to bookkeeping, human resources and office management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Provide administrative support for the President & CEO including but not limited to building presentations, managing scheduling and meeting needs, coordinating registration, travel, and expense management.
- Coordinate communications and meetings with Board of Directors and associated committees, including scheduling, meeting agendas, reports and presentations, minutes, and follow up communication as required.
- Provide administrative support on bookkeeping functions.
- Provide administrative support on Human Resources functions including but not limited to onboarding new employees and maintaining documents and procedures.
- Provide administrative support for CRM data entry and management.
- Manage office tasks including but not limited to receiving and responding to or directing incoming and outgoing mail, phone calls, voicemails and general email inbox inquiries.
- Serve as primary contact with outside office related services providers such as IT and cleaning company.
- Maintain office equipment in the administrative office and visitor center.
- Manage CVB calendar for staff meetings, staff events, and community events.
- Manage office supply inventory and re-ordering as needed.
- Provide support for in office meetings including ordering, setup, and cleanup as needed.
- Support departments with special projects as needed.
- Be professional and welcoming to all clients, board members, vendors, staff, media, visitors, and partners by phone, in person and via email.
- Other duties as assigned by the President & CEO.
- Proactive, helpful, can-do attitude.
- Flexibility to adjust to a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to take direction well and work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to coordinate multiple concurrent projects and prioritize tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel.
- This job operates in a professional, open-office environment in downtown Franklin, TN.
- Able to navigate stairs daily.
- Able to travel by car.
Position type/Expected hours of work
This is a full-time position. Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with flex schedule options available after three months of employment. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license to perform deliveries and other job functions involving transportation.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. The Williamson County Convention and Visitors Bureau values diverse experiences, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “preferred” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering WCCVB. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Required education and experience
- Highschool Diploma or GED.
- Minimum two years of administrative experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of office related equipment including copiers, scanners, and personal computers.
Preferred education and experience
- Associate degree in communications or related field.
- Experience with bookkeeping.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.