Position: Sales Manager for Home 2/Hilton Garden Inn
Seek out & secure corporate accounts, individuals, bus groups, meeting planners and travel agencies to promote the sale of hotel and meeting rooms. Also develop annual marketing plan.
- Reports directly to General Manager.
- Complete a yearly marketing plan and follow through with a monthly sales action plan.
- Make a minimum of 10 sales calls a day.
- Complete a sales report, in-office call report, and confirmed sales report each week due on Friday.
- Be aware of local activities and attend functions to represent the hotel (chamber meetings, travel shows, etc.). Handle incoming sales calls and conduct property tours with potential customers.
- Maintain an organized filing system of accounts and complete all necessary sales paperwork.
- Communicate bookings and customer needs to other hotel employees in order to provide a smooth transition and ensure guest satisfaction and returned business.
- Responsible for developing annual marketing reports, creating sales and marketing techniques, develop all potential markets for the property, and executing and distributing of all in-house advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Must be responsible for security of guests, fellow employees and hotel assets.
- Must be CPR certified, MSDS trained.
- Must perform any other required duties as requested by the General Manager to aid in better operation of the hotel, restaurant, lounge, and service to the guests.
- Must have knowledge of Sales & Rate and Inventory system, PMS reservation systems, and have basic computer skills with knowledge of such programs as Microsoft Word, Excel, and have on-line experience.
- Supervise and guide sales manager/coordinator(s) per their job descriptions.
- Keep confidential the business functions of the company including, but not limited to, financial status, customer/guest information, employee issues, etc.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by VISION.
- Compiles with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Have a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation available.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by writing, telephone and personal meeting situations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be organized, honest, and work well with others, and have an outgoing personality.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, push, and stretch and lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds.
- Stand/walk on feet for 8 hours and work in a restrictive space/environment.
- Must have eyesight enabling vision both near and far.
- Finger dexterity for operating machinery and prep work, as well as, writing.
- Must speak in a clear, understandable voice and hear at a basic level, and understand English.
- Must be able to handle heat and stress.
- Must be comfortable using a step stool or ladder.
- Must be able to use/lift arms for up to 8 hours.
All applicants are asked to submit their applications online at www.vhghotels.com/careers.