Apply by email: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Information Specialist” in the subject line.
WHO WE ARE
The Williamson County Convention and Visitors Bureau, known most commonly by its brand name, Visit Franklin, is the official destination marketing organization for all the communities of Williamson County, Tennessee. That means it is our job to share everything that is incredible about our community with the world! By doing so those leisure travelers, groups, conventions, and business travelers to Williamson County enhance the economic prosperity of the entire county through increased travel-related spending. We attract millions of visitors per year, and because of that, the hospitality industry contributes over $1 billion dollars of positive economic impact to the community.
As an organization, we are dedicated to high-quality work representing our hospitality and community partners with credibility, authenticity, and integrity. On the Visit Franklin team, there are lots of personalities, individual talents, experimentation, and of course creativity that comes together in incredible ways here. We value honesty, open communication, and collaboration which creates an environment that cultivates respect, creativity, and innovation. When it comes to good ideas, titles don’t mean much to us. All are welcome to be a part of the process.
The Visit Franklin culture is unique…and that’s why our employees love it here.
The Information Specialist is a part time position in the WCCVB Visitor Center, who is friendly, engaging, hospitable and greets our local and non-local guests with a welcoming smile. The Info Specialist is responsible for providing helpful trip suggestions, places to shop, and dine. The Info Specialist is expected to listen and answer any questions and anticipate any needs, with helpful information. Providing excellent customer service to all our guests with the purchase of Franklin branded merchandise
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Recommend attractions, hotels, restaurants, and/or activities to visitors using the WCCVB “rule of three.”
- Enhance the visitor experience by asking questions and recommending additional options during their visit.
- Maintain records of visitation numbers and visitor data as requested.
- Assist visitor with the purchase of Franklin/Williamson County merchandise using the Point of Sale (POS) system, which includes performing sales and register transactions.
- Attend quarterly staff meetings.
- Visit area attractions and sites to build relationships, learn about the attraction and request the latest information to make available in the Visitor Center.
- Track and restock merchandise and brochure inventory as needed.
- Staff events such as Franklin’s downtown Art Scene.
- Maintain a clean and tidy Visitor Center.
- Must have the ability to listen to visitors with the purpose of understanding their needs.
- Must have the ability to listen to coworkers for the purpose of completing required job duties correctly and in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that can be adjusted to suit the audience with the ability to convey information clearly and succinctly.
- This job operates in a professional, open-office environment in downtown Franklin, TN.
- Able to lift brochures and gift shop products and displays up to 40 lbs.
- Able to navigate stairs daily. (Reasonable accommodations may be made.)
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
- This is a part-time, position averaging 12-19 hours per week but never more than 1000 hours in a calendar year.
- Typical hours of operation are Monday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., but hours fluctuate slightly on a seasonal basis.
- Weekend availability is required.
- Training will involve visiting local attractions within Williamson County.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. The Williamson County Convention and Visitors Bureau values diverse experiences, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “preferred” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering WCCVB. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Preferred Education & Experience
- Education or experience in customer service-related field of work
- High school degree/diploma preferred
Affirmative Action / EEO Statement
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.