Apply by email: Please send your resume to email@example.com and put Marketing Manager in the subject line.
WHO WE ARE
The Williamson County Convention and Visitors Bureau, known most commonly by its brand name, Visit Franklin, is the official destination marketing organization for all the communities of Williamson County, Tennessee. That means it is our job to share everything that is incredible about our community with the world! By doing so those leisure travelers, groups, conventions, and business travelers to Williamson County enhance the economic prosperity of the entire county through increased travel-related spending. We attract millions of visitors per year, and because of that, the hospitality industry contributes over $1 billion dollars of positive economic impact to the community.
As an organization, we are dedicated to high-quality work representing our hospitality and community partners with credibility, authenticity, and integrity. On the Visit Franklin team, there are lots of personalities, individual talents, experimentation, and of course creativity that comes together in incredible ways here. We value honesty, open communication, and collaboration which creates an environment that cultivates respect, creativity, and innovation. When it comes to good ideas, titles don’t mean much to us. All are welcome to be a part of the process.
The Visit Franklin culture is unique…and that’s why our employees love it here.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for project management of a variety of marketing projects within the marketing team and for the bureau as a whole. The Marketing Manager will serve as the day to day contact for marketing-related vendors, serving as the marketing team’s hub for content, data, and project management. This position is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Serve as day to day contact for Visit Franklin’s digital advertising agency, including providing direction for ad spend and creative
- Serve as day to day contact for Visit Franklin’s web developer, including giving direction for site improvements and relaying SEO information internally for development of guest blogs
- Serve as day to day contact for Visit Franklin’s communications agency, which includes social media content approval
- Serve as the marketing team’s data analytics guru, assisting the VP of Marketing and Communications with analyzing data from Google Analytics, Madden Voyage, and Visit Franklin’s vendors to provide data insights for us in building marketing strategy
- Serve as point of contact for all in-house content creation, including writing content for a variety of collateral pieces, including seasonal digital guides, an annual Visitor Guide, brochures, fliers, maps, and sales collateral as well as editing and proofreading content.
- Work with Visit Franklin’s digital passports vendor and Creative Services Manager to edit content and assets for new passport creation
- Assist the Director of Public Relations with media reports and creating itineraries for travel writers
- Complete a variety of website administrative tasks, including uploading events and new partner listings to the site, creating new landing pages and overseeing website tools such as Crowdriff and Bound. (No prior website development experience is required).
- Maintain proper and consistent brand voice across all platforms and vendors
- Assist Sales and Visitor Center departments with project management for marketing needs
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to analyze data in Google Analytics
- Prior experience managing a CMS such a WordPress is a plus
- This job operates in a professional, open-office environment in downtown Franklin, TN.
- This position has no direct reports.
- Able to navigate stairs daily. (Reasonable accommodations may be made).
Position type/Expected hours of work
- This is a full-time position. Flexible work schedules are available, including flex hours and remote working opportunities (up to 3 days per week) after 90 days of employment.
- This position has the opportunity to travel for industry-related professional development conferences 2-3 times per year.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. The Williamson County Convention and Visitors Bureau values diverse experiences, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “preferred” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering WCCVB. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2+ years of marketing, PR or communications experience
- Prior experience with data analysis in Google Analytics
Preferred education and experience
- Experience providing direction to and managing marketing-related vendors
- Social media management experience
- Website development experience
- Data analysis/Google Analytics experience
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.