As a hub for major artists, world-class musicians, and well-known photographers, Franklin is a city bursting with creativity. Explore the music and art that makes Franklin one of the most creative cities in the South!
Franklin Arts & Culture
Leiper’s Creek Gallery
Located in Leiper's Fork
Situated in the heart of the charming village of Leiper’s Fork, Leiper’s Creek Gallery features an eclectic range of art from representational painting to abstract expressionism and sculpture. Each artist featured is already established either nationally …
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin
Gallery 202, a premier art gallery representing over 25 local and regional artists, is located in Historic downtown Franklin Tennessee. They offer original paintings, sculpture, art glass, hand-made jewelry, and fine antiques. Gallery 202 is located …
Franklin Experiences Itineraries
Discover some of Franklin’s best spots to experience arts & culture! From incredible art galleries to live music, you’ll see why Franklin is known for its creativity.
One Day in Franklin
Only have one day to visit Franklin? No problem! We’ve rounded up our most popular experiences to help you plan the perfect day.
• Visit Carnton and Carter House, two unique homes that played a role in the Battle of Franklin. Take a guided tour to learn fascinating stories of the battle and moving accounts of that fateful day from the families that lived at both homes. Carnton and Carter House feature original and period-appropriate furnishings, artwork, and more. Pick up tickets for both homes for only $30 from the downtown Franklin visitor center!
• Take some Southern history home with you! Stop by Landmark Booksellers and browse their amazing selection of first editions and new titles. Ask about their building dating back to the 1820s and its famous visitors!
• No trip to Franklin is complete without a stroll down historic Main Street, one of Architectural Digest’s “30 Most Beautiful Main Streets Across America.” Running through the heart of the 16-block historic district, Main Street features a variety of curated boutiques, galleries, restaurants, coffee shops, and more.
• Leiper’s Fork is a quaint village just minutes outside of downtown Franklin. Browse incredible galleries, such as Leiper’s Creek Gallery and The Copper Fox, or stop in for Puckett’s open mic nights to hear aspiring songwriters(and keep an eye out for a major artist or two to stop by!).
Two or More Days in Franklin
If you have more than one day to explore Franklin, here are a few spots to add to your list in addition to the places listed above!
• Franklin on Foot is a fantastic way to learn about the incredible stories and sites around Franklin. Choose between a variety of tours focusing on architecture, food, history, and more!
• Opening in 1937, the Franklin Theatre is a beautifully renovated art deco theatre that regularly shows new and classic films and hosts live tv show tapings, dance performances, live music performances from major artists and rising stars, community events, and more.
• Located in historic Clouston Hall, Gallery 202 is one of Franklin’s most eclectic art galleries, offering original paintings, sculptures, art glass, jewelry, and fine antiques. Visitors to Gallery 202 can still see the bloodstains and a cannonball scar from the Battle of Franklin that mar the original floors.
• Enjoy world-class performances of drama and musical theatre right here in Franklin with Studio Tenn! Catch incredible performances from a rich mix of local and Broadway talent each season, from Mama Mia to Frankenstein.
• Explore Franklin with a self-guided walking tour of the Historic Homes of Hincheyville! Learn about the history of each incredible home while enjoying the variety of architecture in one of Franklin’s earliest neighborhoods.
• Public art is alive and well in Franklin! Check out the Midnight Sun scavenger hunt for an equine inspired public art project for the whole family.
Cool Restaurants & Stops
• Leiper’s Fork Distillery, a stop on the Masters & Makers trail, is an amazing local distillery set in idyllic Leiper’s Fork, just 15 minutes from downtown Franklin. Take a tour to learn about their process and the history of distilling, sample Tennessee whiskey, and take a bottle home to enjoy!
• Don’t miss the iconic Natchez Trace Parkway Bridge! Located about 15 minutes from downtown Franklin on the historic Natchez Trace Parkway(milepost 438), the Natchez Trace Parkway Bridge boasts gorgeous views all year long. The Natchez Trace Parkway is part of the National Park Service and follows a historic travel corridor used by American Indians, settlers, and more. If you have time, take the Natchez Trace to Leiper’s Fork, a quaint village with great shopping and local food.