Franklin is full of unique experiences that make lasting memories! From fly fishing on the Harpeth River to visiting an alpaca farm, we’ve got something for everyone. Check out our favorite Franklin experiences and suggested itineraries below!
Unique Franklin Experiences
Natchez Trace Parkway
Located in Franklin
The Natchez Trace Parkway, a 444-mile national scenic byway and National Park, closely follows the course of the ancient trace traveled for centuries by tradesmen and Native Americans from Natchez, Mississippi to Nashville, Tennessee passing through …
Masters & Makers
Located in Williamson county
Explore the Masters & Makers Trail that winds through the scenic beauty of the Williamson County countryside that bore witness to history and has produced the cherished traditions passed through the generations. Along the trail visit …
Franklin Experiences Itineraries
Explore some of Franklin’s coolest places on your trip! You’ll love these hidden gems and favorite visitor stops.
One Day in Franklin
Only have one day to visit Franklin? No problem! We’ve rounded up our most popular experiences to help you plan the perfect day.
• Visit Carnton and Carter House, two unique homes that played a role in the Battle of Franklin. Each tour offers fascinating stories of the battle and moving accounts of that fateful day from the families that lived at both homes. Pick up tickets for both homes for only $30 from the downtown Franklin visitor center!
• Don’t miss the iconic Natchez Trace Parkway Bridge! Located about 15 minutes from downtown Franklin on the historic Natchez Trace Parkway(milepost 438), the Natchez Trace Parkway Bridge boasts gorgeous views all year long. The Natchez Trace Parkway is part of the National Park Service and follows a historic travel corridor used by American Indians, settlers, and more. If you have time, take the Natchez Trace to Leiper’s Fork, a quaint village with great shopping and local food.
Two or More Days in Franklin
If you have more than one day to explore Franklin, here are a few spots to add to your list in addition to the places listed above!
• Leiper’s Fork Distillery, a stop on the Masters & Makers trail, is an amazing local distillery set in idyllic Leiper’s Fork, just 15 minutes from downtown Franklin. Take a tour to learn about their process and the history of distilling, sample Tennessee whiskey, and take a bottle home to enjoy!
• A favorite of locals and visitors alike, Mistletoe Farm is one of the most charming farms in Franklin. Schedule a visit to meet the friendly alpacas, see the farm where they live, and shop the farm store featuring goods made from alpaca fibers!
• Franklin on Foot is a fantastic way to learn about the incredible stories and sites around Franklin. Choose between a variety of tours, including Classic Franklin, Haunted Franklin, and more.
Cool Restaurants & Stops
• Take some Southern history to take home with you! Stop by Landmark Booksellers and browse their amazing selection of first editions and new titles. Ask about their building dating back to the 1820s and its famous visitors!
• If you’re lucky enough to be in town on a Saturday morning, the Franklin Farmer’s Market is a fantastic stop for breakfast from local food trucks, plus shop for fresh fruits and vegetables, plants, locally made gifts, and much more.
Experiences You'll Always Remember
Need More Inspiration?
10,000 steps and 6 historic walks in Franklin that will blow your mind!
The Visit Franklin Team has been in an intense stepping challenge this year, and when I say intense, I mean INTENSE. We’re talking marching 5,000 steps before getting into bed only to find out you lost the …
10 Hidden Music Stories of Leiper’s Fork
Tennessee is home to world-renown artists, ace songwriters, and award-winning musicians, and the enchanting village of Leiper’s Fork has served as both musical inspiration and the picturesque backdrop for countless music videos. The Highwomen filmed its …
Plan your visit with our free visitor guide