How far from is Franklin from the Nashville Int'l Airport?
- Downtown Franklin is only 24 miles from the Nashville International Airport, which is just a quick 30-minute ride!
What should we do/see while we are here?
- Well, there are a lot of fun and fascinating things to do here! Franklin is known for its history, shopping, live music and great restaurants. What interests you most?
What events are coming up that I should experience?
- There is live music every night in downtown Franklin, but you can check out our visitor guide for annual events or take a look at our blog THE LOCAL SCENE, which lists a week's worth of fun events in and around the downtown area.
Where should we go to taste the local eats?
- We have about 30 different restaurants within walking distance in the historic downtown district. For a complete list of the more than 500 restaurants throughout Williamson County, visit the FOOD & DRINK section of our website.
Where can I find locally made or Made-In-TN products?
- In downtown Franklin, Heart and Hands has many locally made Tennessee products. The Heirloom Shop also carries them as well as Hey Day and Shoppes on Main.
Where can I park my motorhome/trailer/bus?
- You can park in the parking lot off of 1st Avenue near Bridge Street. You can also park at Pinkerton Park off of Highway 96 just southeast of downtown.
How do I get to the Natchez Trace (Double Arch Bridge) from here?
- I will show you on our map. Take Main Street West to 5th Avenue. Turn right onto 5th Avenue. At the second stoplight, you will see signs for New Highway 96 West. Turn left at this stoplight to get onto New Highway 96 West and travel for 8 miles to reach the Natchez Trace Parkway access road and the Double Arch Bridge.
How many people live in Franklin?
- There are about 69,000 people living in Franklin, TN. There are almost 200,000 people living in Williamson County.
How do I get to Memphis from Franklin? Is there a scenic route?
- The quickest way to get to Memphis from Franklin is to take Interstate 40 West all the way via SR-840. If you would like a more scenic route, I suggest taking US-64 West towards Memphis. This will add about 1 hour to your trip.
Where do the stars live?
- Musicians and celebrities live throughout Williamson County, however, we do not offer a map or tours of the stars' homes. We do have a lot of celebrities that frequent Main Street, so you never know who you might see around town!
Are there any quilt shops downtown?
- There are two quilt shops located just a few miles outside of downtown Main Street, about 2-3 miles away. The Quilting Squares is located about 2 miles south on Columbia Avenue and Stitcher's Garden is located off of Royal Oaks Boulevard about 3 miles east of downtown.
Where can I buy aspirin/sundries/toiletries?
- The Heirloom Shop, right around the corner from the Visitor Center, has a few toiletries as well as Handy Hardware on Columbia Avenue.
Where should I stay while I'm visiting?
- There are Bed & Breakfast establishments located in downtown Franklin and throughout Williamson County. We've got everything from budget-minded motels to full-service hotels and everything in between. Check out our ACCOMMODATIONS page for the latest information.
I only have a couple of hours in Franklin. What should I see/do?
- If you only have an hour or two, we recommend starting at the VISITOR CENTER in historic downtown Franklin (just off Fourth Avenue North) where our staff will help plan out your visit. Options include the historic sites like Carnton and Lotz or a guided walking tour (or the self-guided tour )of the historic downtown district. Maybe you just want to shop while you're here. If so, the historic downtown district offers a quaint shopping experience while others might enjoy the mall experience at CoolSprings Galleria, middle Tn's largest shopping mall. You can see the sights, do some shopping and sample our delicious local eats at more than 500 restaurants throughout Franklin and Williamson County. Then we hope you'll come back again when you can stay with us a little longer.