E.E. Green was a local banker who built his magnificent Victorian home in 1896. Mr. Green had two little girls and when he installed his cistern-pump on the back porch, the two girls put their footprints in the freshly poured concrete.
Joseph Reiff designed Clouston Hall, which was built by Edward G. Clouston in the 1830s. For many years it was the home of Dr. Daniel Cliffe, a prominent Franklin physician, whose father of the same name was one of Franklin’s earliest physicians.