WILLIAMSON COUNTY CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU (WCCVB)
Position: Sales and Service Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Sales (DOS)
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Date: September 2018
Apply by email: email@example.com
The Sales and Service Coordinator is a member of the Sales Department and responsible for coordinating service needs for meeting, event, and sports planners. This position also serves as liaison between WCCVB and its partners, venues, attractions, and stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a liaison between service providers and clients.
- Facilitate on-site welcome and service needs of group and meeting planners.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service in order to provide client with the best overall experience and to ensure repeat business.
- Maintain product knowledge of hotels, meeting facilities, service providers, attractions, transportation, caterers, dining and other venues in Williamson County/City of Franklin
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with City and County Departments, hotels, facilities and other tourism-related partners.
- Fulfill group and meeting leads that do not have room nights attached to the request by connecting clients to industry partners (hotels, restaurants, event spaces, business services, etc.).
- Responsible for coordinating itineraries for group tours and area familiarization trips (FAMs).
- Assist group tour operators who are scheduled to bring groups into the area.
- Maintain the travel booth schedule including shipping banners and collateral for trade show use.
- Assist in overall sales efforts of sales department.
- Maintain an active and current database in CRM of all meeting/group/sport event planners and potential business contacts.
- Maintain the CRM sales calendar for tracking group arrivals, meeting start dates, traces, service request status, etc.
- Responsible for fulfilling Host City Investment contracts including distributing agreements, tracking meeting arrivals, collecting invoices and following up with client.
- Track sales and service efforts through CRM.
- Keep up-to-date partner information (hotels, contacts, venues, attractions) in CRM.
- Work with codes departments throughout the county to maintain an up-to-date hotel pipeline report.
- Maintain inventory and prepare materials for events, groups and meetings.
- Coordinate schedule for Event Services Week along with applications for the Pineapple Award.
- Provide administrative support to sales team.
- Must be able to navigate stairs daily.
- Must be able to work effectively in an open office environment.
- Must be able to lift and transport/carry up to 50lbs regularly in order to deliver products and supplies for sales purposes.
- Must be able to drive and travel by car regularly.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales and/or President and CEO
Tourism industry experience preferred (Convention & Visitors Bureau, hotel, attraction, etc.). Must be able to work effectively with others and possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong organization skills, attention to detail, multi-task proficiency, initiative, high standard of ethics and confidentiality and the ability to adapt in fast-paced work environment required. Good working knowledge of computers (working knowledge of Mac computers a plus), Microsoft Office software, Google calendar/docs and the ability to learn new programs specific to the Sales Department operation preferred. CRM Database skills is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
College degree from an accredited university or college required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a business office with computers, telephones and printers operating.
Final candidates will be subject to background and reference checks.
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau (WCCVB) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WCCVB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.