Boiling Spring Academy
The Boiling Spring Academy is a restored two-story school house built in 1832. The Academy opened in 1833 as a private school for boys of wealthy landowners and became a public school in 1887.
The Park is the site of two National Register properties: Boiling Spring Academy and The Fewkes Site, a prehistoric Native American Mound, 900-1500 A.D., excavated in the 1920's by the Smithsonian.
The Academy is open to the public the third Sunday of each month, April through October from 2pm-4pm. The grounds are regularly accessible during park hours.