McEwen German House (Offices)
This building, another Italianate style building, was part of the original 11 acres purchased by John McEwen in 1842. John built the house as a wedding gift for his daughter Adelicia to Dr. Dan German, the father of the man who built The Stone Cottage and Dan German Hospital. Adelicia, a girl during the War, visited Tod Carter’s deathbed after his mortal wounding at the Battle of Franklin. For many years this house served as Franklin’s public library.