Pioneers’ Corner (Private Residence)
Formerly a railroad section foreman’s home that dates around 1870, the small-frame house sits atop a knoll at the railroad crossing and the Harpeth River Bridge. Across the railroad tracks near the riverbank, two duplexes provided housing for the four African American section hands employed to repair the tracks and maintain a safe roadbed. When a group of interested citizens representing the Daughters of the American Revolution and the Williamson County Historical Society learned the house was to be razed they acquired the property and restored the house. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the house is currently owned by the Heritage Foundation of Franklin and Williamson County.