W.H. Glass built this Colonial Revival-style in 1905 as a wedding present for his daughter Willie Mae Polk and her husband, Dr. William Polk. They lived here until Dr. Polk’s death in 1957. In 1992 the current owners began a three-year restoration project. Fortunately, many of the original features of the house were still in place beneath years of changes, including three sets of cherry pocket doors. Other woodwork, including all three original mantels, were restored and put back in place.