Smith Hardcastle House
Built in 1893, this was known for many years as the John R. Page home, for the local businessman. Page bought the home in 1928 and lived there with his wife, Leila, and their children for many years. The handsome two-story frame structure has undergone extensive renovation. A wraparound porch along the front of the house was added. A spacious new kitchen adjoins a screened porch on the back of the house.