Mr. Turley was the owner of the Franklin Sugar and Syrup Mills in Franklin. He built the house in 1881 in the Queen Ann Style. It was originally built as a wooden frame, two-story house with a front entrance tower with arched front door and arched wrapped porch. In 1925 a fire destroyed part of the roof. Judge Faw added the brick to update the house. The arched front door and arched porch architecture was retained.