Facebook Pixel

Haunts & Headstones

Learn more about: Visitor Center
Visitor Center
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

The Williamson County Visitor Center is open to serve visitors 360 days a year. The knowledgeable, friendly staff can assist

Learn more about: Fourth Avenue Church Of Christ
Fourth Avenue Church Of Christ
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

The Fourth Avenue Church of Christ, located here, grew out of a meeting conducted in Franklin in 1833. For several

Learn more about: Bennett House
Bennett House
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

This house was built in the 1870s by Walter James Bennett, who was born at Everbright, an early Franklin landmark

Learn more about: Bridge House (Private Residence)
Bridge House (Private Residence)
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

The original ownership of this house is not known for certain, but Richard Andrews bought the property in 1834 from

Learn more about: Walker-Fisher House (Private Residence)
Walker-Fisher House (Private Residence)
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

This is another of the three houses built by Andrew Johnston. Through the years outbuildings have been joined to the

Learn more about: The Kinnard House (Private Residence)
The Kinnard House (Private Residence)
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

This charming and simple house is one of Franklin’s earliest dwellings, dating back to 1810. It was built by Gideon

Learn more about: Rest Haven Cemetery & The Unknown Soldier
Rest Haven Cemetery & The Unknown Soldier
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

In 1855 John Marshall deeded a lot of seven acres to the town of Franklin for a “new cemetery” which

Learn more about: Old City Cemetery
Old City Cemetery
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

In Old City Cemetery repose the remains of the town’s earliest settlers. Joel Parrish deeded the land in 1811 to

Learn more about: Walker-Ridley House (Private Residence)
Walker-Ridley House (Private Residence)
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

Andrew Johnston, a prosperous early Franklin businessman, built this house as one of three Johnston houses in a row on

Learn more about: Vaughan House (Private Residence)
Vaughan House (Private Residence)
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

In 1896, Judge Josiah Carr Eggleston and his wife Julia Plummer Eggleston bought this house, built by Andrew C. Vaughan