Historic Homes of Hincheyville

Mapledene
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

Dr. Samuel Henderson Sr. built this home and gave it to his daughter, Sally Martin Henderson in 1881. In 1924

Bennett Gathmann House
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

This serene-looking Greek Revival house stood as a witness to the horrors of war through the eyes of an 11-year-old

Liberty Hall McLemore House
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

In the early 1900s, R.W. and Katie McLemore built this substantial solid brick structure in the popular “Four Square” style

Hearn McNeely House
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

This Victorian cottage spent its first 92 years in Franklin on another downtown street—Fifth Avenue North— in the area behind

Campbell WestBrook House
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

Brown and Jennie Campbell built this Queen Anne style house in the 1880s around an existing dwelling that dates back

La Maison Du Reve
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

La Maison Du Reve lives up to its French name—“House of Dreams.”

Long-Babbit-Ligon House
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

One of the earliest references to this property is the deed of sale, which records the transfer of Lot No.

Horton-Carter-McGrew House
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

Mr. Henry Horton built the original house in 1891 and 1892. It was a large ten room dwelling on Lot

Williams-Peppers House
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

Peter Williams built this house in 1819 for his personal residence. The subdivision of Hincheyville was established in 1819 and