Margin to Main

Franklin First United Methodist Church
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

Methodists organized the first church in Franklin within months of the founding of the town. The original brick sanctuary stood

Kenneday House
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

Built in the 1830s by Irish immigrant Michael Doyle, the house was bought by the Kenneday family in the 1880s

Pyle Clinic,1941 (Shannon Eye Care)
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

Dr. Walter Pyle opened a clinic here in 1941. As one of the few local full-service clinics, the Pyle Clinic

Courtney House (Private Residence)
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

Robert Courtney, who died in 1859 leaving a widow and three children, built this house in the late 1840s. The

Abbey Leix Mansion (O’More College Of Design)
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

The building seen today is the second at the site, and the college is the second educational institution here. An

Former Site Of Tennessee Female College
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

The Tennessee Female College was organized in 1857 as a place of higher learning for young women. At the time,

Dan German Hospital (Ridgeview Community Church)
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

Dr. Dan German purchased a frame house at this location in 1937 to establish a clinic, veneering the exterior with

Puckett’s Grocery & Restaurant
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

The building that is now home to Puckett’s was built in the early 1900s. In 1913, it was a blacksmith

Merridee’s Breadbasket
Located in Historic Downtown Franklin

Merridee’s Breadbasket is a local bakery where everything is still made from scratch, the old-fashioned way – you won’t find