Apply by email: Please send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the subject line “Visitor Experience Coordinator”.
The Visitor Experience Coordinator is responsible for supporting programs that enhance the visitor experience. Key programs include the WCCVB Visitor Center, Visit Franklin Ambassador Program, and coordinated trails and experience development. The Visitor Experience Coordinator will report to the Director of Visitor Experience & Retail while also supporting other organizational departments including Stakeholder Engagement and Marketing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Support management of part-time employees.
- Work in partnership with Director of Visitor Experience & Retail to establish relationships with local vendors and artists and continue to bring unique merchandise into the Visitor Center, keeping budget and branding in mind.
- Assist in the launch and management of ecommerce.
- Monitor inventory and assist with inventory reporting.
- Receive regular vendor deliveries and input into inventory database; stock retail store in a timely manner ensuring, all approved pricing, signage, and displays are correct at all times.
- Consistently create a welcoming environment for the visitor by greeting, assisting, and quickly responding to customer inquiries, purchases, and needs.
- Manage supplies for the Visitor Center ensuring a productive work environment.
- Track brochure inventory levels both on-site and off-site (storage).
- Make brochure content recommendations as necessary.
- Regularly communicate with Director of Visitor Experience & Retail to discuss strengths, opportunities, and business trends to drive traffic and increase sales.
- Coordinate all special events in the Visitor Center (monthly Art Scene, partner events, etc.), including scheduling featured partners and guests and managing food and beverage, etc.
- Perform weekly cash deposits and reconcile daily financial reports.
- Monitor weekly postage mailings of Vacation Guides.
- Collect and analyze visitor data to help improve customer service and the visitor experience.
- Assist with coordination and staffing of off-site information and merchandise booths and other special events.
- Support the Visit Franklin Ambassador program including preparation and logistics coordination for Ambassador Day and associated events.
- Facilitate creation and maintenance of coordinated trails and experiences in partnership with the Marketing department, including partner communication.
- Support opportunities for development of tourism-related experiences by outside partners.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to identify opportunities and work independently.
- Must bring a positive attitude and want to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Must be familiar with Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Act as a keyholder for the Visitor Center.
- Handle cash and sales transactions.
This job operates in a Visitor Center that serves as an information center and retail shop in downtown Franklin, Tennessee.
- Able to travel by car or plane up to several hours/day.
- Able to lift brochures and retail shop products and displays up to 40 lbs.
- Able to navigate stairs daily. (Reasonable accommodations may be made)
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Visit Franklin's main office hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visit Franklin Visitor Center and retail shop hours are seven days per week. Flexible schedule options are available after three months of employment. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
- One out-of-town overnight trip per year.
- Must have a vehicle and valid Tennessee driver’s license to perform deliveries and other job functions involving transportation.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. The Williamson County Convention and Visitors Bureau values diverse experiences, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “preferred” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering WCCVB. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Retail experience required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) years of related experience in retail, hospitality, and/or customer service.
- Experience with Square point-of-sale system is a plus.
- Experience with ecommerce is a plus.
- General understanding of tourism and marketing.
ABOUT VISIT FRANKLIN
Visit Franklin is the public brand name of the Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau. Visit Franklin is the official destination marketing organization for Franklin and the unique communities of Williamson County, Tennessee. Visit Franklin stimulates economic growth by promoting travel and tourism assets such as history, music, attractions, entertainment, the arts, and events to visitors worldwide. For information on Franklin and Williamson County, visit us on the web at VisitFranklin.com.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EEO STATEMENT
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.