Only 17 miles south of Nashville
Franklin and all the unique communities of Williamson County are located just minutes south of Nashville, Tennessee, easily accessible off Interstate 65 & State Route 840. Nashville International Airport is only 24 miles from downtown Franklin and offers over 450 flights daily from 14 airlines with more than 65 nonstop markets.
The Necessary Numbers
Population: 87,000 (Franklin) & 225,000 (Williamson County)
Time Zone: Central
Airport: Nashville International Airport (24 miles from downtown Franklin)
Access by Road: Easily accessible off Interstate 65 & State Route 840
Hotel Rooms: 6,000+
Did You Know?
- 1.27 million visitors traveled to Franklin and the communities of Williamson County in 2020, supporting an industry that employs more than 7,100 and generated over $775.97 million in visitor spending in 2020.
- Visitors to Franklin and the communities of Williamson County spend over $1.36 million locally per day.
- Franklin’s Main Street is designated a ‘Great American Main Street’ by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Franklin was the site of the Civil War’s Battle of Franklin in 1864.
- The Carter House office building is the most bullet-riddled building still standing from the Civil War.
- Franklin’s downtown public square is home to the “March to Freedom” statue honoring USCT soldiers. At the time of its installation it was only the sixth of its kind in the United States, but first displayed in a city’s public square.
- The Masonic Hall in downtown Franklin (est. 1809) is the oldest continually operated Lodge in Tennessee and was the site of a historic meeting between President Andrew Jackson and American Indian Tribes in 1830.
- The 444-mile Natchez Trace Parkway that runs through Franklin & Leiper’s Fork is the eighth most visited National Park in the United States.
- Franklin is the pilot city for the Mars Petcare BETTER CITIES FOR PETS national initiative and historic Main Street is lined with fresh dog bowls and features over 100 shops, businesses, and restaurants that are pet-friendly.
- Franklin is the 15th fastest growing large city in the United States, growing over 32% since 2010.
- Franklin is home to 25% of Tennessee’s INC. 5000 companies, including over 40 national and international corporate headquarters.