The City of Fairview is located in Williamson County, which was originally carved out of a part of Davidson County (now Metro Nashville/Davidson County). Established in 1799, Williamson County was named after Hugh Williamson, a North Carolina politician, physician, and a three- term member of the Continental Congress and signer of the U.S. Constitution.
The area was originally inhabited by at least five Native American cultures including tribes of Cherokees, Chickasaws, Choctaws, Creeks, and Shawnees. White settlers first settled in the area by 1798. Securely established in the northwest corridor of Williamson County, the City of Fairview, Tennessee was incorporated on July 28, 1959.