Green House (Village Realty)
The Green House is the oldest remaining African American house in downtown Franklin. William “Munch” and Docia Owen purchased the corner lot in 1906 and their home remained in the family for over ninety years. During this time it also served as a boarding house and hotel for traveling African American musicians and preachers, as well as Pullman porters. In 2001, preservationists were able to persuade City Hall to save the house instead of tearing it down to build a parking lot.