Brown and Jennie Campbell built this Queen Anne style house in the 1880s around an existing dwelling that dates back to 1828. The house features a central tower, a massive staircase with an elaborately carved newel post, cast iron mantels – one which retains the original faux marble finish and three ruby red glass transoms. Red glass was an outward sign of wealth since gold was added to the glass-making process to turn it red. By the 1950s the house deteriorated after it had been divided into three apartments. In 1967, Eloise Pitts O’More purchased the house to open a design school and extensively renovated it. O’More College of Design has since moved to larger quarters on East Margin Street.