Shea House (Parking Lot Next To Landmark Booksellers)
Michael Shea arrived in Franklin after the Civil War to work on the railroad. He was one of the founders and builders of St. Philip Catholic Church. The Shea’s later got into the grocery business, operating a store out of the Old Factory Store. His daughter Nell Shea, a much-loved Franklin schoolteacher, lived in the house until she died in 1949. It was demolished in 1950 and replaced by Franklin Motor Court, an early motel. The property is now home to Landmark Community Bank.