Best Family-Friendly Restaurants in Franklin
Franklin is the perfect place to take the whole family out! From crowd favorites like pizza and tacos to BBQ and burgers, you’ll find a wide variety of great family-friendly restaurants that will win the approval of the pickiest eater. Check out these local restaurants (plus dessert spots!) with kid-friendly menus, fun atmospheres, and incredible desserts.
Breakfast & More
- Local favorite Frothy Monkey is known for its fantastic breakfast, sandwiches, salads, and coffee. Their kid-friendly menu includes French toast, PB&J sandwiches, and more. Notable menu options you’ll want to try here include the pancakes, build-your-own omelet, chicken salad sandwich, and wagyu beef burger. Grab a spot on the porch at their downtown Franklin location to relax and enjoy your meal!
- The Coffee House at Second and Bridge is a charming spot for breakfast, sandwiches, and coffee just a few blocks away from Main Street. There you’ll find a variety of crepes, sandwiches, pastries, and coffee, including pancakes, grilled cheese, and more for the kids!
- Located in the historic Corn House in downtown Franklin, Biscuit Love serves up something everyone will love. Known for its gourmet Southern biscuits, you’ll find a lot of great options to choose from, including the classic East Nasty chicken biscuit, classic biscuits and gravy, roasted veggie bowl, and tons more. Their special kid’s menu features an egg, bacon or sausage, and a mini buttermilk biscuit. Get an order of Bonuts (fried biscuit dough tossed in sugar, topped with lemon mascarpone served over blueberry compote!) that you will never forget!
Lunch & Dinner
- For a crowd-pleasing meal, look no further than Mojo’s Tacos. Kids (and adults) of all ages love their Tenn-Mex take on tacos, quesadillas, and more. Plus, every kid’s meal comes with a house-made paleta!
- Kids and adults alike love local burger joint BurgerUp. Their kid’s menu features something for even the pickiest eater, including sliders, chicken tenders, grilled cheese, or a PB&J served with fries and apples. Adults will love the gourmet burgers (the Ramsey pimento cheeseburger is a favorite here), a wide selection of beer and wine, fantastic truffle fries, and a variety of salads. Save room for dessert and try their Olive & Sinclair dark chocolate brownie a la mode or the Krispy Creme donut pudding!
- In the mood for BBQ? Puckett’s Grocery & Restaurant is a locally owned BBQ joint with an impressive menu of Southern classics for the whole family. Kid-friendly menu selections include grilled cheese, veggie plates, chicken strips, and more. For the adults, classic sides such as skillet mac ‘n cheese, collard greens, or smoked baked beans are the perfect accompaniment to Puckett’s excellent pulled pork, chicken, or brisket. Don’t forget to order fried pimento cheese bites for the table!
- Old country Italian meets New York flair at Sal’s Family Pizza. This hidden gem tucked away near downtown features New York-style pizza and comforting Italian dishes, all made fresh with homemade dough and sauces. You can uild a custom pizza or try signature pies including Meat Lovers, Vegetarian, and Chicken Ranch. Sal’s also offers classic Italian dishes such as calzones, stromboli, tortellini, linguine, and more. Finish off your meal with authentic Italian desserts like tiramisu, limoncello cake, or cannolis.
- If it’s a Saturday morning in Franklin, your first stop of the day should be Ellie’s Donuts. You’ll find this favorite local food truck at the weekly Franklin Farmer’s Market serving up hot, fresh donuts in classic and seasonal flavors. Pick up a dozen (or two!) and choose from flavors like strawberry shortcake, glazed pumpkin, lemon poppyseed chocolate, and more. Vegan options are available too.
- Another local favorite you can’t miss is Triple Crown Bakery. Visit Triple Crown’s quaint storefront in a historic home just a block off Main Street to get lost in their incredible display of pastries, pies, macarons, cookies, and desserts. Kids of all ages love their sprinkle cookies, strawberry macarons, peanut butter bombs, and chocolate cupcakes!
- If you’re looking for something sweet, Hattie Jane’s Creamery is the perfect stop for ice cream. The whole family will love their classic and unique flavors, such as the Unicorn (cotton candy ice cream with cereal marshmallows and sprinkles!) or the Cookie Jar Supreme (vanilla ice cream loaded with homemade cookies, brownies, and Oreos!).