Dan German Hospital (Ridgeview Community Church)
Dr. Dan German purchased a frame house at this location in 1937 to establish a clinic, veneering the exterior with fieldstone. The Review-Appeal newspaper best described the hospital’s opening in 1938: “This clinic fills a long needed hospitalization facility for Williamson County. The building is modern in every respect and contains 12 rooms, consisting of offices for the three doctors, waiting rooms for both white and colored, operating, x-ray and treatment rooms, four rooms for patients and a ward room, baths, modern kitchen, and the second floor is given over to the nurses.” A wing was added later to accommodate more patients. The hospital closed in 1958 when Williamson County Hospital opened, and the building became Graystone Nursing Home. In 2003 the Heritage Foundation persuaded the Williamson County Commission to save the landmark when plans called for a parking lot on the site.