Landmark Booksellers is housed in one of the oldest remaining buildings in Franklin and the earliest example of Greek Revival architecture in Tennessee. As early as 1821 a large cotton factory was located at the end of East Main Street. Woolen and cotton cloth were made and sold in this building. After the Battle of Franklin the building was used as a field hospital for both Union and Confederate soldiers. Over the years, many businesses have operated behind the Greek columns. Dotson’s Restaurant, a popular Franklin eatery, was located here from 1954 until 1978. Today Landmark Booksellers is one of the leading independent booksellers in the South.