The White Building (The Heirloom Shop)
Constructed in 1899, the building’s wrought iron eave and belt course are its most significant decorative detailing. Early history of this site has a distinctly Irish flavor to it. In 1831, Michael Doyle bought the southern part of the original town plat on which the White Building now stands. Doyle, who also owned property in Nashville, was one of the first Irishmen to settle in Franklin. He and Hugh Dempsey were in the grocery business and both were from Newbridge, County Kildare, Ireland. Dr. John B. White ran a drugstore and apparently had a medical off ice in this building until 1928. In the early 1930s, the Regen, Bethurum and Padgett Funeral Home occupied the building. Both the Nashville Bank & Trust Company and the Harpeth National Bank have owned this property. The Heirloom Shop opened in 1989.